NOTE: 2020 Santa Stops have been canceled due to the Covid situation. We wish you a Merry Christmas. Please stay safe.
Santa will be visiting the Maryland Heights subdivisions in December! Each year the Maryland Heights Fire Protection District escorts Santa’s sleigh around town with a parade of fire trucks. Come out to get your picture taken with Santa, receive a candy cane and met some of your local firefighters.
Note: You will be able to visit with Santa from a Distance. Please wear your masks and also bring your “wish lists” to drop off in Santa’s mailbox.
The Santa Parade will start at 5:30pm. Listen for the sirens in your neighborhood and head to the closest “Santa Stop” signs.
Come see the talking Pumpkin on Halloween night! He will be at our engine house 2 located at 12828 Dorsett Road from 5:00 pm- 8:00 pm!
- Proposition S is a .39 cent general fund tax increase necessary for the continued operation of Emergency Services to the community. The Fire District does not receive any taxes from other revenue generating sources such as the City, Casino, Sales Tax or Utilities.
- The current General Tax revenue was established in 1985. We have been fiscally responsible with your tax dollars, extending it to over 35 years. Due to increased operating expenses and expanding services, the current rate is not sustainable.
- This tax still assures your Emergency Services operations are reasonably priced.
- Pattonville $2.08
- West Overland $1.82
- Maryland Heights $1.73 after the increase
(current is $1.34 + .39 proposed)
- A Maryland Heights home would expect an annual increase of $74 per $100,000 assessed value.
Services Offered by your Fire District
- Cross-trained Firefighter Paramedics
- Advanced Life Support Ambulances
- Advanced Life Support Fire Apparatus
- State of the Art Equipment
- High Angle Rescue
- Collapse Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- Ice and Water Rescue
- Hazardous Materials/Chemical Response
- Regional Heavy Rescue Task Force Certified
- Fire Safety School Program
- Car Seat Installation/Inspection Program
- Smoke Detector Program
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Reserve Equipment for Large Disasters